2 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced, about 3 teaspoons
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
1 teaspoon coarse salt
2 lemon wedges
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1 pound fresh spinach leaves, about 4 cupsSalt and freshly ground pepper
Hot pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a cup, mix garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
3. Place fish in a shallow baking dish and rub with 1 tablespoon of the Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour wine over fish.
5. Bake fish, uncovered, for 15 minutes; then add remaining tablespoon of Italian seasoning and bake for 5 minutes more, until the thickest part of the fish flakes.
6. While you wait for the fish to finish baking, get out a small sauce pan and cook the spinach leaves on medium heat until the leaves wilt; add salt, pepper and dash of hot pepper flakes to taste.
7. Remove fish from oven and drizzle it with the pan juices; use the lemon wedges to give fish a few squirts of lemon juice.
8. Serve on a bed of steamed spinach.