Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Nut Crusted Rack of Lamb
Choose a rack of lamb that is generous enough to serve two or think decadently and roast two racks. Since it is just the two of you – it’s okay to lick your fingers!
1 rack of lamb, frenched
¼ cup Dijon mustard
4 ounces pistachio nuts, shelled (about 1 cup)
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
1. Brush the lamb with the mustard coating all sides of the meat, but not the bones.
2. Place the nuts in the bowl of a processor and pulse until the nuts are coarsely ground.
3. In a bowl, mix together the ground nuts, breadcrumbs, parsley and olive oil.
4. Dredge the lamb into the nut mixture until well coated.
5. Place the lamb on a rack in a baking pan with the bone side up. Cover the bones with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
6. Roast for 12 to 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest par reaches 125 to 130 degrees for medium rare.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes plus roasting