2 (12-ounce) bags fresh cranberries2 large, ripe pears, peeled, cored and diced
1 medium apple, peeled, cored and diced, about 1 cup
Zest of 1 medium orange, about 2 teaspoons
1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated, about 1 tablespoon
½ cup dry red wine
1/3 cup natural cane sugar
¾ cup Molasses
1/3 cup honey
1 cinnamon stick
· Place the cranberries, pears, apple, orange zest, ginger and dry red wine in a stock pot and bring to a boil.
· Turn heat to medium. Stir continuously until cranberries start to break open, about 15 minutes.
· Reduce to a simmer and pour 1 cup water and sugar over the cranberry mixture. Stir in the molasses and honey. Add the cinnamon stick.
· Simmer 10-15 minutes; remove cinnamon stick after cooking.
· Remove cranberry sauce from heat, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator 4 hours or overnight.