Thursday, May 12, 2011
Six-Veggie Slaw with Tarragon
Servings: 10 to 12
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
½ small head Savoy cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups)
6 large carrots cut into matchstick size julienne strips (about 2 cups)
1 fennel bulb, cut into matchstick size julienne strips (about 2 cups)
2 large yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut into matchstick size julienne (about 2 cups)
12 whole radishes, sliced into thin strips (about 1 cup)
2 medium zucchini, sliced into matchstick size julienne strips (about 2 cups)
Juice of 6 to 8 limes (about 1 cup)
2 tablespoons honey
1 (1-inch) piece ginger, grated (about 1 tablespoon)
2 medium cloves garlic (about 1 teaspoon)
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
1 cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Cut the vegetables into similar size very thin strips.
2. Place all of the vegetables into a bowl.
3. Use a blender or food processor to combine the lime juice, honey, ginger, garlic and tarragon. Pulse to emulsify.
4. With the machine running, slowly add the oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the dressing into the bowl and toss with the vegetables. Chill the slaw before serving.