Friday, September 18, 2009

YUM ...ography


Photographically Inspired Musings by a FANatical Foodie
Title: Color Guitar



I see in this two-toned photo, the artist behind the instrument. The artist takes pride in his instrument. He makes it sing. He uses the guitar as a medium to pay homage to his generation; for him, its songs are an anthem. He dismantles the guitar, looking for its heart. Will he ever find it? Must he find it? Who is the artist? Is he the creator of the instrument, or just its manipulator, the one who makes it sing? Are we all instruments just waiting to be strummed? When I die, I want to go out with Stevie Nicks singing from the rafters. I want Robert Plant singing me up and up on the stairway to heaven. I want Paul and John and Ringo and George (I always loved George) holding hands and singing me through the gate…..
While listening to the newly re-mastered songs of the Beatles, I discovered a most enjoyable cab from a little, local North Carolina vintner. Banner Elk Wineries showcased a handful of their signature cabernet sauvignon, a mature, full-bodied, elegant, complex, and well-balanced wine. It pairs perfectly with rich meats, cheeses, and dark chocolate. It won double gold medals at the 2006 NC state fair. Priced at $29.95, it’s not too costly for a rock ‘n roll splurge. Speaking of splurge, what’s better than listening to the Beatles while sipping great wine? Eating great food, of course. My recipe for Roasted Veal Chops, Stuffed with Pecorino Cheese with Madeira Wine Drizzle and Arugula Salad is just the dish to strum by.

Now, my friends, this is what YUM …ography is all about!!
See more photographic inspirations at cjmphotography.net

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy! :)

carmencary said...

Love the photo & the recipe looks great too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails