Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Welcome Fellow Foodies

This is my first attempt at “blogging”. I’m looking forward to this journey and welcome you into my culinary world. The first thing you need to know is that I am a darned good cook. Even if you are not crazy about what I have to say, you might just enjoy some of my recipes, so stay with me for a minute or two.

I’ve written five cookbooks. So why the blog? Well, while submitting proposals for a new cookbook, my publisher suddenly decided that blog readership may equate to book sales. Who knew?!!??

For example, he is very excited about the possibility of acquiring a book by a new author on the subject of searching out meals as a vegan in an urban setting. Now, vegans represent one quarter of one percent of the entire population of the United States. I am not exaggerating when I say that this is a pretty small group. When I questioned him as to his opinion on the actual number of cookbook buying vegans in cities, his response was that the author has a readership of 30,000 on her blog. Dumbfounded, I suggested to him that by definition vegans eat practically nothing (no animal products or animal by-products what so ever – not even honey….) and asked him how diverse the recipes could be in a cookbook. I mean, just how many ways can you prepare veggies, remembering that you cannot use things like butter, eggs or cheese to dress up the dish. His answer – “but, she has readership on her blog….”

So here we are – the beginning of my blog.

For starters, rest assured that I eat everything! I am a FOOD LOVER. I eat red meat, I eat pig, I eat chicken, I eat egg yolks. I pair all of these with an abundance of fresh fruits and veggies. Where I make a distinction is in the quality of these foods; each has to be impeccable. I shy away from most processed food, with the noted exception of San Marzano canned tomatoes – which are just amazing.

My publisher says that I lack specific focus. For an example his fall catalog includes titles that have subjects, like “a trillion ways to use deli cooked chicken” and “a gazillion ways to improve on boxed cake mixes….”

Welcome to my uphill battle!!

Hopefully, through this blog, you can help me find my focus. It will be a partnership! I’ll give you recipes to try at home, and you can give me feedback as to what you want to see in a new cookbook. Such a deal!!

Let’s start with a recipe for Lemon Chicken, which I created last evening for my hubby, hungry middle son and his cute girlfriend. They LOVED it. Let me know if you do, too!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jorj
This is from your old cooking buddy BP in SRL Congragulations on your blog its great. I sent your husband an email last week to come over for chicken wings,ribs and fries but he was in Cal. Let me know when you want to get together. I have a new smoker and I love it I have some great recipets Good luck Bp

Unknown said...

ooo... i am a super fan of sweet and sour food! sigh. i want the Lemon Chicken sooooo badly right now. with rice.

Here I bought a sauce pack so as to skip all the seasonings! and i will try this friday after work.
http://yummiexpress.freetzi.com

Unknown said...

ooo... i am a super fan of sweet and sour food! sigh. i want the Lemon Chicken sooooo badly right now. with rice.

Here I bought a sauce pack so as to skip all the seasonings! and i will try this friday after work.
http://yummiexpress.freetzi.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails